Friday, January 9, 2015

Once upon a time....

That's how every story starts, right? 

Here's mine:

Once upon a time I was fat and unhealthy my whole life. True story. 
Dark circles under my eyes, awful acne, and a fourteen year rash that nine different doctors couldn't help with. (Turns out the rash is an autoimmune response aka gluten intolerance.) Frustrating. And depressing!

Then, in 2009, my mother introduced me to juicing and raw foods. I lost 30lbs in 3 months, looked and felt amazing for the first time in my life!!! Then I met one of my dearest friends (pretty sure we have been sisters before in another life) at a raw food restaurant in Austin. Ermugerd, that place made this uh-MAZING curried carrot soup. I drool.  

Time flew, and I did a lot of backsliding and eating junk food, drinking sodas and not getting the nightly walk/runs I had gotten used to when I initially went raw. Now I am back to 172lbs (5'7") and tired of feeling like hammered dog poo. 

I found that healthy mindset switch and flipped the sucker to "on" and am rocking day two of a who-knows-how-long juice feast. 

This blog is my very own accountability buddy. 

I have done a few short juice feasts before (the longest was like 14 days) but never felt this good going into it. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve this time. My BFF turned me onto the Gerson therapy. 

My skin was super itchy last night and this morning. I have snot pouring out of my face, and yesterday I was a snarling, bed-headed mom-beast (did I mention I have two children? Ages 7 and 2. Bless their hearts for having to put up with me).

This morning I have way more energy than I have in a long time! Woke up with the hubby. Ironed his clothes for the day, had my morning lemon water and am still wide awake and looking forward to the day. Awesome!!!! 

I pulled some recipes off of justonjuice.com's 3 day juice feast and am in love with the Bruschetta tang recipe. Super simple and freakin awesome. I took the pulp from that recipe the other day and made some patties. Added chopped walnuts (already soaked), a bit of onion powder, lemon, and a touch of Bragg's aminos then dehydrated them until they had a nice little crust. They smell amazing. But I can't tell you how they taste just yet. I popped them in the freezer for another day. 

That's all I have to say today. Peace out, homeskillet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment