Friday, January 9, 2015

Ugh and yay?

I'm on day three! Woohoo!!!! I decided to keep going. No set number of days. Just gonna roll with it until I feel like the juices aren't cutting it or until I break and snarf down some raw falafels. I've been drooling over Raw recipes. Raw falafels and cashew mayo are two recipes I definitely want to master.

Most of today was faaaaaantastic! Then I waited too long to get a juice in this evening and felt jacked up for hours. Wild, eh? I think my body kind of went into panic mode so I had three juices and am sipping on some nettle leaf and camomile tea steeped with a few orange peels from my fresh OJ. Much betta! 

Gotta tell ya, grabbing the monster bag of oranges instead of the few on the shopping list has been a Godsend! Some of my favorite juices so far have been the ones with orange in them. So I add more. And then I have some for a snack. And I have some more for a snack between snacks... Lovely lovely orange juice!

I saw a big bag of grapefruit at the store. You're next, grapefruit. Beware! 

Oh! Get this--- I had a little epiphany today. I think the main reason I found juicing so difficult in the past was because I would make the juices ahead of time and drink them throughout the day. I've noticed that the flavor changes relatively fast, like within 45 minutes to an hour, the taste goes from luscious and crazy satisfying to bland and blah and ugh and hungry. It is a little time consuming, but fresh is definitely the best. 

I think adding the nettle leaf tea is good too. Yum and loaded with goodness. 

It's late. I'm going to bed. Still itchy. Still congested. Loads of energy throughout the day, though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment